Therapeutic yoga is an adaptation of yoga that applies yogic principles and methods to heal various human ailments. It is a blend of restorative yoga, gentle yoga, breath work, meditation and chakra stimulation.
Therapeutic yoga is preventive as well as restorative. It is among the most effective complementary therapies for various illnesses and diseases according to many medical studies.
Therapeutic yoga is a gentle approach that can be used to create space in areas that are compressed, relieve tight muscles and help induce the relaxation response when restorative postures are incorporated.
Classes are designed to move slowly so you can feel what’s happening on the inside. There is a strong focus on breath, and many aspects of the sequences are done dynamically in an effort to bring more blood flow to the muscles.
The intention is to create healthy movement patterns so circulation can flow and improve joint mobility. We are arranging the therapeutic yoga sessions for the following conditions;
- Spinal and back rehabilitation: Lower Back & Neck pain, shoulder pain, kyphosis, scoliosis, and posture irregularities.
- Chronic pain: e.g. arthritis and fibromyalgia.
- Cardiovascular rehabilitation, high blood pressure, asthma and breathing problems.
- Depression, anxiety and stress-related syndromes.
- Insomnia and migraine.
- Hormonal disorders e.g. PCOD, Obesity, Thyroid dysfunction
- Prenatal – postnatal yoga and gynecological diseases.